Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self-professed "gun nut" on gun control
(07-01-2016, 04:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Personally, and I have said this a number of times, is that I have never seen a convincing argument that civilian ownership of semi-automatic weapons is necessary and should not be prohibited if we are discussing the prohibition of ownership of particular firearms.

I'll give you one right now.  The guy, or guys, who will be invading your home, sticking a gun in your face or otherwise using a firearm to commit a crime sure as hell won't restrict themselves to revolvers and lever/pump action firearms.  The semi-automatic firearm isn't exactly a new phenomenon either, it's technology around a century old. 

Quote:I say that as someone that loves shooting, including semis, but all legal uses for firearms can be accomplished with the same degree of effectiveness with actions other than autoloaders.

I consider you a good dude so please understand what I mean when I say that this is the exact type of thinking that will lead to almost total civilian disarmament.  It's Fudd thinking at level red.  I'm sure someone reading this will think that I'm a "typical gun owner" prone to hysterics and overly paranoid about confiscation.  One need look no further than the travesty that just occurred yesterday in my state to see that this is not paranoia, that confiscation is the ultimate goal of the current left side of this issue and that the argument is really boiling down to being pro gun ownership or pro confiscation.  Governor Brown created millions of felons with a signature and I don't know any person who will be complying with a single one of these new laws.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Self-professed "gun nut" on gun control - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-02-2016, 06:42 PM