Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self-professed "gun nut" on gun control
(07-02-2016, 06:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've never seen where it was used in defense of anything.  Always in attacks.

Defense stories seem to always be shotguns, handguns, etc.

You do know that most handguns are semi-automatics right?  I could give you well over a hundred based on direct second hand account.  Most will never make the news because they didn't involve shots being fired.  Brandishing is usually enough to dissuade your attacker.

Quote:And I'm with you in allowing people to own weapons.  Heck I really don't even care if they want the biggest baddest they can get...I just don't understand the need for it.

I can respect that.  I'll add this, if any piece of proposed legislation would have an actual impact on firearm related crime I would support it.  An "Assault weapons" ban will have zero impact on crime because it had zero impact on crime for the ten years it was previously in effect.  Criminals don't follow the law, hence the title of criminal.  Gun control laws only affect people who care about following the law, to a point and I believe we've reached that point in CA.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Self-professed "gun nut" on gun control - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-02-2016, 07:25 PM