Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self-professed "gun nut" on gun control
(07-02-2016, 06:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll give you one right now.  The guy, or guys, who will be invading your home, sticking a gun in your face or otherwise using a firearm to commit a crime sure as hell won't restrict themselves to revolvers and lever/pump action firearms.  The semi-automatic firearm isn't exactly a new phenomenon either, it's technology around a century old. 

I don't really see this as a convincing argument. In a home invasion the best move is gathering the occupant and taking a defensive position behind cover facing a door. A shotgun and/or revolver in .38 special/.357 magnum is the best weapon for this defense. The statistics I saw before during an argument about this showed altercations where a firearm is used defensively are overwhelmingly, over 95%, over within three rounds fired. Well within the capacity of a revolver.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Self-professed "gun nut" on gun control - Belsnickel - 07-02-2016, 07:36 PM