Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UAE Man Mistaken for Terrorist in Ohio Spurs Diplomatic Incident
(07-05-2016, 05:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, let's just not put you in charge of the hard decisions that safeguard folks. The first thing I would do is remove him from the crowded Hotel. You can just stay in charge of what constitutes probable cause and a possible threat.  

You have no idea if the person was asked to remove himself from the situation for questioning. You just want to wave the "rights violated" flag. 

I think they prefer to be called "Apologists."

Yes an innocent was detained. He doesn't have full rights, only partial rights. The US can revoke his VISA at any time for any reason. He's not guaranteed the same rights as a USC. You can't revoke the rights of a USC with out a trial.

Was he profiled? Probably, if he was speaking in Arabic, then the person that overheard "ISIS" heard what they wanted to hear, not what was probably really said. The cops detained him, questioned him then released him with an apology. Should've been the end of the story.

Common Sense should've ruled the day here,
1st, the dude knows that the US is witch hunting for terrorists right now, so how hard is it for him to change out of his traditional garb and put on someone more local? You know the old saying, "when in Rome do as the Roman are doing?"

I was at Niagara Falls this weekend, hundreds of Asian Indians there. Only 1 or 2 stuck out from the rest, why? Because they were the only ones in full burka's. Almost everyone else was wearing Jeans/Pants and smiling. We are humans, we rely heavily on Face to Face communications in social settings and when someone prevents this (intentionally or unintentionally), it can cause friction.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: UAE Man Mistaken for Terrorist in Ohio Spurs Diplomatic Incident - Mike M (the other one) - 07-05-2016, 06:24 PM