Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man shot point blank and killed by police during arrest in Baton Rouge
(07-07-2016, 01:32 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I saw it on the news and don't care to watch any more.

Hard for me to say from the video it was nothing more than an "honest" mistake.  But what I don't get is why they handled the situation the way they did, not to mention pulling your gun when two of you are on top - I think it would have been more effective to use your other hand to control him.

Normally people put themselves in this situation and force the cops to make a decision.  While he did resist, it seemed they came on awfully aggressive.  Here's a case where the cops created the situation for mistakes to be made.

Of course, as usual, we might not be seeing the entire interaction.

I'll give police the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise in the vast majority of cases. My first thought after watching this video is that they escalated the situation pretty quick when it didn't seem necessary (from my armchair quarterback position). 

While in hindsight, it's clear he had been arrested many times and was a felon in possession of a firearm...when police arrive, and there's no real threat, what gives them  the right to initiate a search or detainment based on a phoned in "tip"? This isn't the first story about a felon carrying illegally on these boards--where it wasn't confirmed that he was carrying until after the search. I'm just honestly wondering where the line is between what was said by someone making a call and where they're allowed to detain/search. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Man shot point blank and killed by police during arrest in Baton Rouge - rfaulk34 - 07-09-2016, 01:27 AM