Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
President's remarks at Dallas Memorial
(07-13-2016, 09:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: He did that.

In fact even with these topics he brought to the police and the reason they were there.  I just quoted the parts where he spoke about the topic.

My response to him was that every time the POTUS speaks it is political no matter what he says.  He's damned if does, damned if he doesn't.  My friend would have flooded FB with posts about how the POTUS didn't care if he had NOT gone or had NOT said something too.

This is very true. To be honest, though, if I were in the shoes of POTUS and something came up like this I would likely go to the memorial service but save the speech like that for afterwards. He wasn't wrong in anything he said, and none of what he said was overly charged, but I just don't know if it was the right place. I get that the shooting in Dallas was essentially the culmination of a very tense week in this country with police involved shootings and something had to be said, but just not at that moment and in that place.

Just my two cents. If I were a cop and/or a citizen of Dallas, I don't know how I'd feel about that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: President's remarks at Dallas Memorial - Belsnickel - 07-13-2016, 09:52 AM