Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another terrorist attack in France
(07-15-2016, 10:33 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: No it shouldn't, the targets were police officers not the crowd.  If the target were the crowd then you would have a point.  The person used tactics designed for targeting police as opposed to targeting say a school or movie theater.

He went to a place where the police presence would be at a higher density than normal and made them an easier target than in other places. That's a tactic for just about every mass shooting I know of. You could argue that his tactics were modified because of the presence of firearms, but it was not a deterrent and he was still effective.

(07-15-2016, 10:33 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: What I was trying to say, is in Pulse 50 people dead, in SC, I don't think there was a single person killed, or the number was so little as not even to register as a "mass shooting".

The use of the SC incident in comparison to the Pulse shooting does not provide enough evidence to show the Pulse incident could have been prevented, or even had a smaller body count, with someone carrying. Too many variables to draw that direct comparison.

(07-15-2016, 10:33 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I'll tell you what though, feel free to obey the gun free zones all you want, as for myself, I just don't go to those places.

I absolutely will. Mostly because I respect the law and I respect the rights of private property owners. But also because I don't live in a constant state of irrational fear.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another terrorist attack in France - Belsnickel - 07-15-2016, 10:57 AM