Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another terrorist attack in France
(07-16-2016, 07:27 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Ever hear the expression "I would rather have something and never need it, than need it and not have it."?

Pretty much the same principle.  I have been in situations where I was glad to have my firearm, of course that was when I was deployed and we were ambushed.

In my everyday life, no, I have not had the need.  However remember Luby's, remember the testimony of one Suzanna Gratia Hupp?  Yeah, she had a gun, but due to the legislation and her being a good law abiding citizen she left it in her vehicle.  Then in her everyday life, found herself wishing that just that once she had broken the law and kept her pistol on her.  She wished she had it even though she didn't think she would ever need it.

The question you must answer for yourself is "When can a terrorist attack occur?"

In my life, carrying a firearm would increase my chances of violence rather than decrease them. The chances of me needing a firearm are so slim in my everyday life that it is unreasonable to assume it would be needed. Thus, the fear of needing my firearm in daily life would be irrational for me. That is logic based on statistics. Attempt to make all the arguments you like, the statistics and the logic are on my side.

But hey, you may put yourself in situations where you need a firearm. I don't know your life. I just know that the vast majority of people in the US are in the same position as me. Statistically speaking.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another terrorist attack in France - Belsnickel - 07-16-2016, 06:15 PM