Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting?
(07-16-2016, 09:03 PM)jason Wrote: A news reporter who doesn't do their due diligence to find a protester who can articulate what they are demonstrating for may as well be doing a propaganda piece against BLM. It's like how the national sports media portrayed us as all bottle throwing jackasses because some shitheads take a game too seriously.

If they are protesting a systematic disregard for black lives, then I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that the mainstream media is in opposition to their cause. They believe this has been going on for many years while the media has stayed quiet. Now that people are capturing footage on phones, it is being brought to the forefront... I think that's all fred is saying, but I can't speak for him.

Like I said, who's to say that those weren't the majority of protestors?

Who's to say that they didn't try?

Looks like there were lots of people around that could have stepped in on any one of the examples.
(07-16-2016, 09:03 PM)jason Wrote: If they are protesting a systematic disregard for black lives, then I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that the mainstream media is in opposition to their cause. They believe this has been going on for many years while the media has stayed quiet. Now that people are capturing footage on phones, it is being brought to the forefront... I think that's all fred is saying, but I can't speak for him.

How can you say that they were in opposition when he was just trying to figure out what they were protesting for?

Fred's just throwing out his horrible rhetoric.  

If they're protesting something, they couldn't have asked for anything better to happen than for someone to put a camera in front of them.

bfine is right on the money.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - BFritz21 - 07-17-2016, 12:01 AM