Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newt wants to deport Americans who practice Islam
(07-17-2016, 10:47 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose this is why I'm a fan of "When in Rome..."

I am as well. But Constitutionally speaking they have the right to practice their religion as long as it does not infringe on the rights of anyone else. Sharia Law and Mosaic Law/the Mitzvot are very similar in a lot of ways and are made up primarily of guidelines for adherents to use to live their lives. To outlaw one and not the other would be unconstitutional, to outlaw all of these types of things would be the same. We can say that they can't carry out capital punishment according to the law because of the rights of others and we can use the same for other limitations, but outright prohibition would be absolutely unconstitutional.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newt wants to deport Americans who practice Islam - Belsnickel - 07-17-2016, 10:59 AM