Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Ghostbusters 2016 Review
(07-19-2016, 11:31 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: No interest.... there was no point to rebooting this movie franchise other than to make money.   Ill take the video game for closure... and call it a franchise.

It's sad, really. It's like they didn't understand what made Ghostbusters so special. The original was NOT just a comedy. At best, it was a hybrid comedy, like a horror-comedy. The movie and characters (outside of Venkman) took themselves very serious. It's just the characters responded in ways that ended up being funny.

This new thing is pretty much a straight up comedy and while I liked it and laughed, it's nowhere near what Ghostbusters is nor what this movie could've been.

These were original characters. None of these women played female versions of the original. The closest you could come is that Melissa McCarthy's character was much like Ray with a little Egon and Venkman thrown in, but I never got the sense she was like that. She was an original character; they ALL were.

In fact, Leslie Jones was probably my favorite of the 4. I think I laughed at her parts the most.

Anyway, if Sony learned their lessons from this one (not the least of which is DON'T ALIENATE THE VERY SAME PEOPLE YOU WANT TO WATCH YOUR MOVIE), then they could take these 4 new characters and make a good GB movie with (with hopefully less video game-y and toy-ish gadgets). But, considering this is Hollywood and their takeaway from Deadpool's success is to make everything R-rated, I ain't holding my breath.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
My Ghostbusters 2016 Review - PhilHos - 07-19-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: My Ghostbusters 2016 Review - PhilHos - 07-19-2016, 11:51 AM
RE: My Ghostbusters 2016 Review - PhilHos - 07-20-2016, 11:19 AM
RE: My Ghostbusters 2016 Review - Benton - 07-20-2016, 01:16 PM
RE: My Ghostbusters 2016 Review - Au165 - 07-25-2016, 03:02 PM