Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Ghostbusters 2016 Review
(07-19-2016, 01:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What I liked about the original, as PhilHos mentioned, was that it wasn't just a comedy. It was suspenseful and had elements of horror. It also wasn't action. What would happen if 3 real scientists and a guy they hired tried to get rid of ghosts?

The trailer for the new one looked bad, but only because of how it was cut. I like Wiig in movies (not on SNL though) and McKinnon in general. Jones is funny more often than not on SNL. Not really a McCarthy fan anymore, but she is talented. Open minded about seeing it, but I've decided I can wait for blu-ray.

I'm hoping it's not too actiony in that scene we see in the trailer with them fighting a lot of ghosts.

Two things (sort of spoiler-y so beware): Yes, the ending is too actiony and I didn't realize it while watching, but the female Ghostbusters only bust one ghost the entire movie (and this ghost ends up being set free later!)

(07-19-2016, 01:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i mean come on.... Why redo basically the plot of the original? they couldn't pull a new plot together?...       they should reboot movies that weren't great the first time around... not ones that will stand the test of time on their own.

The director and whoever wrote the movie should be ashamed in my opinion.      So much they could do with the franchise and they choose to hack and slash the original film...  I keep hearing this guy (director) understands comedy but nothing seemed remotely funny from the trailer or other movies he is credited for.

Not to keep dumping on the movie 'cause I was okay with the finished product personally, but the idea to reboot the movie was the director's - Paul Fieg. Supposedly he was asked to direct and before he agreed, he demanded that it be a reboot instead of a sequel.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
My Ghostbusters 2016 Review - PhilHos - 07-19-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: My Ghostbusters 2016 Review - PhilHos - 07-19-2016, 11:51 AM
RE: My Ghostbusters 2016 Review - PhilHos - 07-20-2016, 11:19 AM
RE: My Ghostbusters 2016 Review - Benton - 07-20-2016, 01:16 PM
RE: My Ghostbusters 2016 Review - Au165 - 07-25-2016, 03:02 PM