Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting?
(07-26-2016, 10:37 AM)PhilHos Wrote: On a related note, have public protests caused any real change in recent history (say the last 15-20 years)? I don't mean changes that would've occurred regardless of protesting. I mean, change that occurred BECAUSE of the protesting. I'm sure it's had to have happened, I just honestly can't think of anything - at least, anything nationally.

I ask mainly with the question of does protesting (of any kind) do any good? I know it does to SOME degree and I certainly don't begrudge anyone their right to do so peacefully, I just wonder if, in the long run, the people's efforts might be put to a better use in bringing about the change they are looking for.

That's a very good question.

I think if nothing else a public protest can draw attention to a "problem" and maybe get the attention of lawmakers?

Of course with 90% winning reelection no matter what it may not matter at all.

But other than marching or picketing there isn't much an individual can do.

We often take part in letter writing campaigns for the food bank and other local causes, but actually showing up and letting people see your face and that there are a lot of you who care about an issue probably has more immediate impact.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - GMDino - 07-26-2016, 10:41 AM