Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown will consider honoring players...
The time to consider it was 20 years ago. The time to follow through and actually do it has long since passed. It's something the fanbase wants, and most, myself included, thinking it's something that both the players and community deserve.

I mean, it really be as simple as recognizing that the people that support you, financially and emotionally, want it done and you want to your fans to be happy. It makes business sense, and it makes football sense. I really fail to see anything else holding it back other than stubbornness. And since you haven't exactly exceeded the on the field expectations during your tenure, and you have a community that has poured an absolutely ridiculous amount of money into your stadium, it seems like such a small, small concession to make.

He said he was considering it last year. He said he was considering the practice facility almost 7 years ago. Neither has happened. So I won't hold my breath for 2017. And I would honestly appreciate him simply saying no than patronizing his fans by continue to consider it. Either do it, or don't.

This is the stuff that really gets to me. It does seem like a slap in the face, and just such a boneheaded stance to take when you given so very litte in return for what was given to you. I don't think Mike Brown is a bad man. In fact, I think he's probably a better human being than the majority of the other owners. He seems more relatable than most. But man is he frustrating. I just don't get it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown will consider honoring players... - 34inXXIII - 07-28-2016, 05:45 PM
RE: Mike Brown will consider honoring players... - Wes Mantooth - 07-28-2016, 11:31 PM