Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown will consider honoring players...
(07-30-2016, 11:00 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Now this is a valid point and I don't think bfine was going there. I personally think we should only look at on-field accomplishments. Especially with this franchise. Mike Brown might not see it that way, but he should if he has any regrets for the way he ran this franchise for 15-20 years. All of those players had valid gripes. Refusing to honor their careers based on complaints they had over what was universally considered a poorly run franchise seems petty.

Whether it is right or wrong is less of the point than me realizing why Mike Brown wouldn't want to go out of his way to honor players like Boomer, Cris, Corey, Chad, or anyone else who are blatantly anti-Bengals at one time or forever.  I'm not even sure some of those guys would really care about being honored by Mike, and the idea of extending something like that and getting a less than enthused reaction from the players themselves should be warning enough to keep this  continually in the "under consideration" folder.

Super Bowl wins would have healed all wounds, though.

Franco Harris left the Steelers in a rather unhappy and public manner to run out his career in Seattle after the Roony clan told him he wasn't worth the contract he wanted, but you don't hear about that these days and all is forgiven.  You hear about how awesome John Elway is as a SB winning QB and VP but you don't often hear about him being a giant crybaby who kicked off his NFL career by threatening to never play a down, etc.

Anywho, as it stands it almost looks like this could be a whole lot of effort that ends up providing more evidence that Mike Brown wasn't a very good owner. Why go out of your way to add more fuel to the fires of criticism?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown will consider honoring players... - 34inXXIII - 07-28-2016, 05:45 PM
RE: Mike Brown will consider honoring players... - Nately120 - 07-30-2016, 12:18 PM