Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hillary: An Unborn Child Hours Before Delivery Has No Constitutional Rights
(07-30-2016, 11:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I ignored no definition. I simply said depends on which one use. Definition #5 is no more wrong that definition #1.

Hilarious

Take the word bass, for example.  If the subject is fish and you're talking about a guitar then someone's definition of bass is "more wrong" based upon the context in which bass was used.

Quote:Folks all the time refer to a fetus as a baby.

Yeah, "folks" like these . . .

Did you ever wonder why they call 'em a "babysitter" instead of a "fetussitter"?  Because babies aren't fetuses despite what "folks" might call them.

Quote:I appreciate you constant quest to have folks define words and only accepting the one you want, while considering others to be "sticklers" for words.

I want you to click "Search."  Enter "definition" into the keyword field.  Enter "Bfine32" in username field.  Scroll down and click the "posts" button at the end of "Search Results as" and then click the "Search" button.  What search results do you get?  Six pages of results like this . . .

(01-21-2016, 02:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt; I'm the one that called for definitions and then balked at a word used in it.

Isn't that exactly what you just accused me of doing?

Quote:But to answer your "non-stickler" questions:

A fetus is unborn offspring

The definition of baby has already been provided

A fetus is "unborn."  Unborn means before birth.  When is it "born"?  At birth.  After it is born is it "unborn"?  No.  Can it be "born" and "unborn" simultaneously before or after birth?  No.  Therefore, by definition, a fetus is only a fetus if it is "unborn."  So when does a fetus become a baby?

(07-30-2016, 12:53 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yes. When does it become a baby?  After it is born. 

Holy shit!  Exactly what I wrote in post #17 before you "didn't" argue about "another" definition "again."

At the end of the 10th week of pregnancy, your baby is no longer an embryo. It is now a fetus, the stage of development up until birth.

Do we need to confirm "up until birth" means the fetal stage ends at "birth" and the "etymology" of "neonate"?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary: An Unborn Child Hours Before Delivery Has No Constitutional Rights - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-02-2016, 05:36 AM