Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Non-Typical Draft
(08-04-2016, 01:41 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: So the theory was RB suffers way more injuries than WR and on average a WR will meet or exceed expectations because they don't get injured.  A couple years ago the zero RB strategy was popular.  That was because people felt the need to have 2 high end RB meaning there was an insane amount of value at WR.  The script has flipped.  I'd almost argue that you can build a better roster with more value by going running back first few rounds. Ultimately fantasy football is about constructing a roster with the most value possible and it doesn't matter where that comes from (as long as you draft a balanced roster).

If you are drafting 3rd and go Julio/obj/Antonio brown and a guy like Jordy falls to you and Evans is available in 3rd I would agree to Go WR WR WR... But if you are drafting 7th and those three are gone and a top flight RB is staring you in the eye pull the trigger.  You will still get a wr1 in round 2 (dez, jordy, hopkins, aj.)

It's all about value and it doesn't matter how you get there.  Please keep in mind you need to know your league (PPR, bonuses, 2 Qb, etc)

That's good advice, and you bring up another really good point. It really does matter where you are positioned in the first round of the draft.  In our draft, we pull #'s out of a hat every year to choose your draft spot.  I've never gotten #1 but I have found I really like being 5 in a 10 team league, because you are in the middle of everything.  I think I would rather have 5 than 1. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
A Non-Typical Draft - BengalHawk62 - 08-04-2016, 12:52 PM
RE: A Non-Typical Draft - Bengalbug - 08-04-2016, 01:41 PM
RE: A Non-Typical Draft - BengalHawk62 - 08-04-2016, 02:58 PM
RE: A Non-Typical Draft - Bengalbug - 08-04-2016, 03:14 PM