Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Uranium deal with Russia lead to undoing of Obama administration?
(07-02-2015, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I didn't read all of this, but how can the United States decide who buys part of a Canadian Company?

I'll have to figure that out before I know what is going on here.

Because the Canadian company sold the 20% of the US controlled assets of uranium to another investor.

The problem now is that Russia will sell what it mines to Iran.

The basic facts: This story is about the sale of a controlling stake in a Canadian company called Uranium One to Rosatom, the Russian atomic energy agency. Because Uranium One controlled uranium mines in the United States, the sale had to be approved by the Committee on Foreign Investment In the United States (CFIUS), part of the executive branch.

A number of investors in Uranium One gave donations to the Clinton Foundation during the time the sale was being considered (between 2008 and 2010), in part through the participation of Frank Giustra, a Canadian mining magnate who was a large donor to the Foundation and who had controlled a company that eventually bought Uranium One (according to the Times, Giustra sold his interest in the company in 2007, before the Rosatom deal).

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/everything-we-know-about-the-hillary-clinton-russia-uranium-scandal-2015-4#ixzz3elTi1jgI
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could Uranium deal with Russia lead to undoing of Obama administration? - Mike M (the other one) - 07-02-2015, 04:47 PM