Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Assisted Reproductive Technology
(08-12-2016, 02:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You don't have an issue with a 62 year old getting artifically inseminated? I pretty sure Grandparents are out of the picture. By the time this kid would have been ready to Graduate mom would be 80.

I'm thinking more legally. Legally, we have no law against a 16 getting knocked up (that I know of, some states may vary), and  I don't see why we would pass one saying someone older (and hopefully wiser and more financially secure) can't.

And if we did, where do we set the date? You can get pregnant between 18-42? 16-36?

We don't need more laws telling people how to live their life. But we could use more of the people who keep abuses from happening (teachers, social services, the courts, cops, foster parents). That's part of my issue when (and I'm getting a little strayed here) politicians come in and make moronic statements that they're going to make the world a better place by slashing X% across the board. We need more teachers, and better paid ones. We need to lower social service case loads so they can spend more time investigating, which means more case managers. We need to expand foster parent networks. All those things will reduce the chances of stories like this happening... not less funding and more ridiculous, unenforceable, unethical, unconstitutional laws.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Assisted Reproductive Technology - bfine32 - 08-12-2016, 01:06 PM
RE: Assisted Reproductive Technology - Benton - 08-12-2016, 02:29 PM