Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Assisted Reproductive Technology
(08-12-2016, 02:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can see this is taking the familar trend of you just asking questions.

I do not have a problem with people getting pregnant artifically. I think there should be limits and I started the thread to see if anyone else thought there should be and why or why not.

I have shared the "harm". Who pays for the child when the parent can no longer work. Like I mentioned older people tend to leave the workforce and not always by choice.

I think it gets wonky when we talk about adding limits.  While I personally agree that at a certain age having children is foolish due to an inability to care for or provide for them it's not my choice to make for someone else.

I agree with other that the OP is more an example of bad people than bad people who had children through other means than naturally.

I only know one couple that had artificial insemination.  The insurance fight was crazy and they are a couple with good to great incomes and responsible adults.  The basically had one shot at it.  I don't know how many eggs were used but they ended up with a wonderful pair of twin girls.

Back to the limits:  If we can impose limits on this why not on everyone who wants to have children and may not be able to provide for them?

I know plenty of people who had children the natural way that would have been better off just raising dogs and cats.  Maybe.  they probably would have been bad role models for the animals too and still wouldn't have provided financially or morally any more than they did with their kids.

For me this falls in line with the abortion issue.  I am not in favor of the choice being made but I am not the one making the choice and I do not like the idea of "someone" deciding what limits there are to our choices.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
Assisted Reproductive Technology - bfine32 - 08-12-2016, 01:06 PM
RE: Assisted Reproductive Technology - GMDino - 08-12-2016, 03:00 PM