Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Assisted Reproductive Technology
(08-12-2016, 03:32 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: But that wasn't my only point, and I see that I wasn't very clear about that. An elderly couple will (most likely) have the maturity to consider all consequences of their decision, including physical ability (endurance among other things), social understanding of what the child will experience by having such 'older' parents (multi-generational gap etc) as well as being able to match the kind of money that younger working parents do provide. It's the combination of all things, as I'm sure you have already considered when raising such questions. 

Regarding your question of should there be an age restriction for artificial assistance? I'd only say yes to a minor seeking such, for the same reasons minors are denied access to other things requiring 'maturity' before making a decision of this magnitude.

And I think this is where a lot of people get "stuck". Most everyone has hinted at there should be a consideration of finances; but fear stating so. I feel that a doctor that artifically impregnanted a 62 year old single woman that already had a 3 year old and a 6 year old should not be allowed to do so. I realize I am in the minority here.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Assisted Reproductive Technology - bfine32 - 08-12-2016, 01:06 PM
RE: Assisted Reproductive Technology - bfine32 - 08-12-2016, 03:44 PM