Poll: Who Would You Rather Have as HC, Marv or Zim?
Marvin Lewis
Mike Zimmer
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who Ya Got: Marvin Lewis or Mike Zimmer?
(08-12-2016, 04:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Marvin lost the best player on his defense (Spikes) and the best player on offense (Dillon) quit on the team.

And I forgot to mention that Zimmer also had 2X Pro Bowl WR Greg Jennings.

Who was coming off a 366 yard season.  Who was coming off back to back seasons under 1,000 yards.  Who was 31 when the season started.  Who, now, hasn't had a 1,000 yard season is the last 6 years.  Point being, he wasn't anywhere near the player he was in his prime.

What point are you trying to make exactly?  The thread seemed simple enough, you answer with your opinion on who would be better for this season.  Then you change into who inherited a worse situation. (Why?)  Then you conveniently leave out things in detailing what Zimmer inherited.

It seems like we're jumping from argument to argument.  Did Marvin inherit a worse situation?  I don't know, tough call.  But I do leaving out that Zimmer lost Adrian Peterson isn't fair, nor is forgetting to mention that he had to go with Teddy Bridgewater.  And overstating Greg Jennings worth seems desperate.  But even if Marvin did indeed inherit a worse team what's that got to do with the discussion we'r having right now.

Neither made the playoffs in year 1.  Marvin went 8-8, Zimmer went 7-9.  Marvin didn't make the playoffs in year 2 either.  He went 8-8 again.  Zimmer went 11-5.  And now we're talking about year 3 vs year 14.  Who cares who inherited what?

I think it's fair to say both inherited a mess.  And really why not leave it at that?  If you have your reasons for valuing Marvin more NOW then please share them.  Because arguing about this other stuff seems completely irrelevant to the topic.  Seems like arguing only for the sake of arguing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who Ya Got: Marvin Lewis or Mike Zimmer? - Wes Mantooth - 08-12-2016, 04:52 PM