Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Assisted Reproductive Technology
(08-12-2016, 06:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get that and he freely admitted he misunderstood my message. Why do you think he changes "physically capable" to "all appendages not working"? (I realize he had a typo before someone wants to point out what  he actually typed). I know, he knows, and I'm pretty sure you know. 

But the make my position clear as I can see there is some honest confusion: When I say Physical capability to raise a kid should be considered when we talk about ART, I mean Physical capability to raise a kid should be considered when we talk about ART. I do not mean someone with a disability should not be able to have a child naturally or otherwise. 

But like Wildcat said: Back to the topic. 

However  a physically impaired individual gets  pregnant, it seems that person would take all factors involved before moving forward with a decision to proceed. I would certainly hope so anyway. Hopefully the people who want to be parents aren't so blinded by this desire to overlook all the needs of their child. We (society) have to rely on basic human nature (regarding making responsible decisions) when it comes to acting on the desire of becoming parents, especially in the somewhat unique scenario being discussed here.

Regulating the ART industry seems moralistic, which is not something want my government doing, generally speaking. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]

Messages In This Thread
Assisted Reproductive Technology - bfine32 - 08-12-2016, 01:06 PM
RE: Assisted Reproductive Technology - wildcats forever - 08-12-2016, 06:24 PM