Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Assisted Reproductive Technology
(08-12-2016, 06:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is why I tried to further explain handicapped when I stated physical capability should be considered; as handicapped it a pretty broad brush. I t is also why I said parentS. I should have probably extended that to caregiver. If their is no one in the household physical capable of raising a child then that should be considered when discussing ART. Also why I mentioned limitations in the OP . 

You do bring up a good point that mental capacity should be considered. 

It is kind of hard to imagine physically disabled people wanting to have a child not addressing their physical limitations, and doing what it takes to accommodate them well enough to believe that they should proceed. 

On the actual company providing ART, my first question is do they have counselors on staff to work with the applicants? I can see how this could get in the 'regulation' aspect, which I'm against. But to have something like this available just to serve as a buffer in case they saw a potential problem, which would allow all involved to discuss the consequences.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]

Messages In This Thread
Assisted Reproductive Technology - bfine32 - 08-12-2016, 01:06 PM
RE: Assisted Reproductive Technology - wildcats forever - 08-12-2016, 06:34 PM