Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Impressions of First Preseason Game
(08-13-2016, 11:04 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think you are forgetting to blame a couple others there.. where is the LB and Corner contain, they also take the blame with Hunt

I was at the game and much easier to see the off the ball stuff. My thoughts:
Dalton and Green looked sharp, no Boyd to evaluate with 1st team.
Our DL was dominant for all 3 of their snaps, 3 drop backs and 3 QB pressures with 1 sack.
AJ M. looked very good, but the reality is he has an average NFL arm, but like Dalton on the brain side, he is very smart and manages games well.
I thought Core showed well at WR, but did have a holding penalty on a punt return.
Erickson did some very good things (punt return and move to get open for 3 yard TD, but I watched him closely and he had trouble getting open in the slot the entire game.

Hunt is just not a pass rusher, but make no mistake he held up well on running plays rarely giving ground. My concern is who replaces Gilberry's role, I saw no one last night but just one game. Peerman disappointed me, I thought he ran scared and di not hot the hole hard. Kummerow looked bad, maybe it was the lack of practice. We need Kroft or Eifert, others can back up, but none can be a #1 TE.

Brown looked very bad, I think he should be cut. I thought Raven also played poorly. We need another CB to step up, but Dennard and Lewis-Harris did not play at all so we may be OK if they can get healthy and stay healthy. I liked Vigil, he was not great in coverage, but he does swarm to the ball. Dawson flashed great at times, but then over pursues also which he needs to clean up. Flowers looked good.
Overall, they were OK at 2nd and 3rd units with first team looking very strong on both sides of the ball
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Impressions of First Preseason Game - Luvnit2 - 08-13-2016, 11:25 AM