Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Impressions of First Preseason Game
(08-13-2016, 12:57 AM)Whatever Wrote: The WR picture just got even more muddied.  Tate made a couple of good catches, and if he continues to make plays, his job will be safe.  Core was as good as advertised in TC reports, but did get called for holding on ST's.  Alford had a nice KR, a good PR that netted 24 yards after the coverage team was forced to take him down with a horse collar tackle to prevent a one on one with the P, and a nice screen that he broke for 14 yards.  Erickson had a nice TD catch out of the slot, a PR TD, and should have drawn a PI.  Simonese flashed with a big catch and run.  

On the downside, Wright didn't show a lot and Kumerow pulled the same game day disappearing act he pulled all last preseason.  After the first preseason game, I see it as Green, Boyd, LaFell, Tate, Core, and Alford making the main roster with Erickson and Simonese on the PS, possibly switching Alford and Erickson.  With Simonese's upside, Core and Wright's ST's play, and Alford and Erickson's return abilities, it's hard to see Kumerow even making the PS, at this point.

I don't see Kumerow making it but Wright has some game-day skins on the wall and he did have a nice sliding catch across the middle last night. I don't see Alford making it over Wright at this point.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Impressions of First Preseason Game - rfaulk34 - 08-13-2016, 12:38 PM