Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Impressions of First Preseason Game
(08-13-2016, 01:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think it was Dawson's responsibility to fill the gap on that play that could have been a safety versus a 10 yard gain. He not only over committed, he flowed 3 yards deep into the backfield where he was not needed. If he steps up into the vacated area by the flow of Hunt inside, the RB probably does not reverses field. In my humble opinion, that play was all on Dawson and very little on Hunt.

That was certainly a play that showed an area that was a concern for Dawson last season.  At TCU, he wasn't asked to fill gaps. He was a hybrid LB/Rover.  Dawson continues to display (not in all plays) a tendency to leave his assignment and then puts himself out of position to make a play.  The opportunity for a safety was an example of this.  On Vigil, I thought he played well in his first game. But for me he played better at WLB than he did at MLB.  I was hoping to see Roach, but he was probably kept out because of his hammy tweak.  I'm sure we'll see him on Thursday night.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Impressions of First Preseason Game - SFmajor - 08-13-2016, 02:48 PM