Poll: Who Would You Rather Have as HC, Marv or Zim?
Marvin Lewis
Mike Zimmer
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who Ya Got: Marvin Lewis or Mike Zimmer?
(08-14-2016, 10:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This thread seems to have gotten way off track.

I simply asked who you rather have coaching the 2016 Bengals.  Same roster as now, same schedule, same everything.  You get your choice of 2016 Marvin Lewis or 2016 Mike Zimmer.  One coaching coming off an 11-5 first round playoff exit, another coming off a 12-4 first round playoff exit.  One with 13 years on the job, one with 2 years one job.

Again, this year's team, this year's coaches.

What does what the Bengals did from '92 to '03 have to do with answering that question?  What does what either walked into have to do with that question?

The question wasn't who did a better job rebuilding.  The question wasn't who inherited a bigger mess.  I mean, if you would like to discuss then, by all means, go for it.  Start a separate thread even.  Just don't  act like that's an appropriate rebuttal to a harmless question.

Who gets this team further this year?  That's it.  Who do you want?  If you're going with Marvin if for no reason other than he's turned around what used to be a laughingstock then that's fine I guess.  Although it kinda seems like a waste of breath, as far as convincing anyone that's he's the right choice now.  The fact we were bad in 1995 is irrelevant to who is the better coach in 2016.

This is how I feel this discussion has developed:

Q-"Who makes better pizza, Papa Johns or Domino's?"
A-"Papa Johns was my first job.  I liked it there.  They did a lot for the local school's sports team when I was there."
Q-"Ok, but who's pizza do you like better?"
A-"I was eating Papa Johns at a pool party one time. It was fun."
Q- "Wh... I..I..I don't know... We're getting off track.  Do you like Papa Johns or Dominos more?"
A- "Oh, Little Ceasars is the worst. Did you know Ken Griffey Jr. went to Moeller?"

Not considering history: why would anybody choose an older coach with less experience? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who Ya Got: Marvin Lewis or Mike Zimmer? - bfine32 - 08-15-2016, 12:29 AM