Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hillary: An Unborn Child Hours Before Delivery Has No Constitutional Rights
(08-15-2016, 10:55 AM)bfine32 Wrote: But not every adult can keep their unborn offspring from being aborted.

I get that you're trying hard to make abortion laws equal to a man and a woman; however, it simply makes you look more close-minded. As much as I abhor the act of abortion I do realize the reality of it and in some cases support it. But their is no way I think the male and female get equal rights to their offspring. And as I said numerous pages ago: The fact that they are justified can and has been debated, the fact that someone would consider them equal is just silly.

Quote:The Supreme Court has found laws requiring a spouse's consent for an abortion to be unconstitutional. In 
Planned Parenthood v. Danforth, the Court reasoned that a husband's refusal to consent would in effect veto a woman's choice to terminate a pregnancy. While both prospective fathers and pregnant women have an interest in the decision, when the two disagree, only one partner's position can prevail. According to the Court, since the woman actually carries the pregnancy, "the balance weighs in her favor," preventing the husband from vetoing her choice.

When a man and a women disagree on whether the woman should get an abortion, only one of them can win that disagreement. When two sides go to court, usually the court will rule in favor of only one. Like you have been told repeatedly, "the balance weighs in her favor" not because the woman is a female, but because she has a medical condition and the man doesn't. If a man were able to force a woman to have a baby against her will usurping her control of her own body, the would be unfair. In the eyes of the Supreme Court and most reasonable people, this scenario would be more "unfair" than the unfairness you are complaining about. Either way, someone will complain of unfairness. Sometimes you have to choose the least shitty of two shitty options. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary: An Unborn Child Hours Before Delivery Has No Constitutional Rights - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-15-2016, 11:58 AM