Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth control, abortion and unwanted pregnancies.
(08-16-2016, 11:18 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I just don't understand why you think that medical professionals currently unable to prescribe drugs would suddenly be able to prescribe drugs. That sort of shift in the medical field goes far deeper than the idea of making contraceptives more accessible. That would be my issue with the logic you are putting on display, here. Especially when it comes to a school nurse who does not have access to medical records, family history, etc. There are many types of oral contraceptives on the market and some medical conditions or family history may be contraindications to being prescribed certain ones. So you're saying a health care professional that has no access to any of this information would suddenly be able to prescribe a medication?

Hadn't thought about it, mostly because I haven't advocated for teenagers to be on contraceptives without parental consent. I just chimed in on thsi because of the ridiculous assumption that school nurses would be able to prescribe anything.

He isn't using logic, Matt. He's doing what he always does. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Birth control, abortion and unwanted pregnancies. - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-16-2016, 11:25 AM