Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth control, abortion and unwanted pregnancies.
(08-16-2016, 11:18 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Hadn't thought about it, mostly because I haven't advocated for teenagers to be on contraceptives without parental consent. I just chimed in on thsi because of the ridiculous assumption that school nurses would be able to prescribe anything.

So you really had nothing constructive to add to the conversation? We get a lot of that around here.

In the OP the article references a child's clinic where IUDs and implants are provided. After reading that and the measures, I shared my view that I thought the program(s) is a good idea; however, the only sticking point would be parental consent to such devices. When some said they would have no issue with their child being prescribed such things, I followed up with what this could mean (a school medical official facilitating access to these devices).

Yet instead of addressing the forest of parental consent for these programs we found a tree that caught our eye.

So allow me to rephrase in a "non-ridiculous" manner (I'm sure you and others will let me know if it ridiculous):

Would folks be OK with whomever is authorized to prescribe pills, IUDs, implants, ect... prescribing these to their minor daughter without consent?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Birth control, abortion and unwanted pregnancies. - bfine32 - 08-16-2016, 11:32 AM