Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The runoff vote, also known as the alternate voting system.
(08-18-2016, 12:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I used this method and applied it to our ISideWith results.

We had 22 voters (I couldn’t get Dino’s and Natley’s images to display) so to get a majority a candidate needs 12.

Initial results:
Clinton: .5 (we had one person that had a tie for top)
Trump: 5
Johnson: 7
Stein: 9.5
Castle: 0

So Castle and Clinton are eliminate and Clinton’s .5 vote goes to Stein. So now we are at:
Stein:10
Johnson: 7
Trump: 5

The next person eliminated is Trump. After redistributing his votes our final results were:
Johnson: 11
Stein: 11

So now what do we do, besides realize that there is no way this forum will elect the next President?
Realize that the statical chance of a tie when there are millions of voters is in all practicality 0, and then also realize that the voting system we have now could theoretically have a tie so it's not like that's some new problem, and then finally recognize that two of the most incompetent politicians didnt make it to the final ballot and that's the biggest victory in itself. In the highly unlikely event that the last 2 candidates get 50 percent exactly though, I'd guess that there would be a recount and then if its still tied a final revote between the two candidates.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The runoff vote, also known as the alternate voting system. - treee - 08-18-2016, 12:34 PM