Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who is out there to pick up at WR
(07-02-2015, 11:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Before i go into my little speech I need to say that I agree that we lacked a true deep threat last year other than Green and it really hurt us.

But when it comes to deep threats "top speed" is more important than "40 time".  Many times smaller WRs will have quicker 40 times than the longer taller guys, but it is just because the smaller guys get off to a quicker start.  Since the race between DB and WR doesn't begin from a dead stop it doesn't matter who has the quickest first two steps.  What matters is who has the best "top speed".  Two guys can run the same 40 time, but one of them could be running much faster than the other at the finish line.  Neither Chris Henry nor A J Green could run faster than 4.5 at the combine, but they both had elite top end speed.

At the combine they measure "top speed" in the forty yard dash, but I have never been able to see it listed anywhere.  To me this is much more important information than just the "elapsed time".  With other players (especially RBs) the fast start is more important than the elapsed forty time, but luckily they have started listing the "ten yard split" from the forty yard dash at the combine.

I agree.  I think we're saying the same thing.  Top speed = my second gear.  The key in the NFL is separation.  We should be targeting another WR in next year's draft.  I would have loved a trade up to get Amari Cooper this year, but I liked our draft otherwise.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: who is out there to pick up at WR - EatonFan - 07-04-2015, 11:32 AM