Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawmaker wants Cajun Navy to train, pay fee before saving others
I get the liability argument as I am the type of person that thinks in that direction. However, we aren't talking about government land. We are talking about people voluntarily going into a disaster area to help out. When there are evacuations from disasters you will often have people stay behind, you can't force them out, they have that individual liberty. As long as the government says "we do not recommend citizens be in this area and any citizen in the area does so with that understanding" you have covered your butt. Just my opinion on this.

Now, this guy goes to far, but I think having them coordinate with the official rescue efforts would be good. That way you have better efficiency in your use of resources.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lawmaker wants Cajun Navy to train, pay fee before saving others - Belsnickel - 08-24-2016, 07:47 AM