Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michele Bachmann: I'm advising Trump on foreign policy
(08-22-2016, 11:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Exactly.  The problem with "radical Islam" is not the "Islam".  It is the "radical".  Most people agree that radical Christians like the KKK, abortion clinic bombers, and Westboro Baptist Church are also evil.

But for some reason when Obama makes this point about "radical Islam" he is called stupid or naive.

(08-23-2016, 11:46 AM)PhilHos Wrote: It's probably because he usually does it when he should be talking more about the "radical" part of "radical Islam" instead of Christianity or any other religion not associated with "radical ISLAM".

Based on the generally accepted rules of grammar when you use "it" in this sentence you are referring to Obama making the point that the problem is with "radical Islam" instead of "Islam".

So this ends up sounding like gibberish to me.

It's probably because he usually makes the point that the problem is with "radical Islam" instead of "Islam" when he should be talking more about the "radical" part of "radical Islam" instead of Christianity or any other religion not associated with "radical ISLAM".

Please explain how he can make the point that the problem is with "radical Islam" instead of "Islam" without talking about radical Islam.  What does any of that have to do with Christianity or any other religion?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michele Bachmann: I'm advising Trump on foreign policy - fredtoast - 08-26-2016, 05:37 PM