Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Are They Now (Long Lost Members)...
You know, I still can't believe they closed the forums. It was a decision most likely made because the team probably didn't want to literally provide a forum for any kind of negativity. Which is so stupid for anyone familiar with the year 2016, but I digress. Look no further than the puppet/mouthpiece that is Geoff Hobson. This team surrounds themselves with fluff, and is slow to divulge much of anything.

It certainly makes no sense from a traffic standpoint. I would love to see how many page views they've lost. The board was the only reason I went and I, like a lot of others, was going there multiple times a day. I'd bet that the site now sees less than half the traffic it used to.

And what about a cost perspective? The site is already there, it's already been built. The domain is paid for. The site was already moderated. The forums themselves required almost no monetary investment whatsoever. And a lot of fans, who spent a lot of money, or who could potentially spend money, enjoyed it. People used to so many different things.

So why pull the plug, and especially why do it the way in which it was done? I mean, if you're going close the boards at least give some advanced notice so people can make plans to either migrate elsewhere, exchange contact info, say goodbyes or see-you-later'ss. And why do it right in the middle of the offseason? Why not after the season, or after the first of the year? That would make more sense.

But yeah, to shut down something that drives customers to your team site, that cost little to nothing to maintain, to only give a week or two's notice, to decide to do it in May or whatever...something just doesn't add up to me.

Someone didn't like what they were seeing, got pissed, and just blew that thing up. The team site is supposed to be bubblegum and rainbows. This didn't fit the mold. I just wish it could have been done in a way that made it evident that they understood some fans used them a great deal and perhaps deserved more notice.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where Are They Now (Long Lost Members)... - Wes Mantooth - 08-27-2016, 12:21 AM