Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst thing Hillary ever did, and how it will hurt our nation if she is elected
(08-31-2016, 05:48 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Yup.  The US campaign system is *****.  Well aware.  There was one democratic candidate that was able fundraise without being beholden to vast amounts of corporate interest.  We saw what happened to him.

I'm not convinced this is the case.  Her website lists the following under campaign finance reform:

To me, the only real solution is publicly funded elections.  Sure she talks a big game about Citizens United and secret money, but this is coming from someone that just rigged the DNC elections.  Don't get me wrong.  I would love it if she actually did something on this front.  But I just can't trust her to fix a system that she has benefitted from.

She can't fix it. But she can drive change from a bully pulpit, and the comments you provided show she may be willing to do that and most Americans would welcome it. The 1% and their lackey politicians for the most part would not, but perhaps duty to country would prevail on enough of them. I get your cynicism, but short of armed revolution (thank GAWD we got our 2nd 'menmun RIGHTS!) I am not sure what other options we have.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worst thing Hillary ever did, and how it will hurt our nation if she is elected - xxlt - 08-31-2016, 05:55 PM