Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the backup QB really matter?
(09-02-2016, 03:15 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You mean the two Steelers games where McCarron had 3 interceptions and fumbled the ball 3 times as well Ninja

Or the 49ers game where the defense had 4 turnovers? Two, of which, put the Bengals in the 49ers red zone. But I guess we shouldn't talk about the Bengals field position, huh?

And also not every offense pares down their offense because they don't have a defense like the Bengals do. Plus, if you want to show stats you have to show them all.

Like how Dalton had the #2 YPA with 8.42. Then McCarron's goes down to 7.18. Which is worse than Blaine Gabbert and Josh McCown.

Even Luke McCown came in for the Saints and had a high YPA (8.59).

Or that McCarron averaged only 208 yards per game. Which would rank him 38th in the league. Behind Matt Hasselbeck and Brian Hoyer.\
Unless you want to do a "qualified" list, then McCarron ranks 32nd out of 35.

McCarron is a solid backup, but this team made him look much better than he actually is. He was put into a good spot with the #2 scoring defense and one of the best offensive lines along with weapons all around him.

Trading him does not create "a huge hole". I'm thankful for what he's done, but if trading him away gets the Bengals a better starter, you do that. There's going to be backup QBs out there.
Duke Tobin said last night that AJ is part of the team, part of the family and they have no intention of trading him.  Kinda puts this thing to bed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does the backup QB really matter? - McC - 09-02-2016, 03:33 PM