Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Claim QB Driskel from 49ers
I mean, it makes sense in a Mike Brown kind of way.

By taking who, they believe, is the best young QB on the market that has potential to be molded into a good back up QB, they give themselves the option to trade McCarron.

Especially since freaking Bradford, who will probably tear his achilles tendon within the first 5 weeks of the season, was able to fetch a first round pick + another pick.

I could see them doing another trade deadline Palmer type trade to the first team to lose their starter and enter desperation mode, as Minnesota did.

At the same time, how can they view Driskel as a replacement for McCarron when he couldn't even make it on the 49ers roster, a team with basically no solution at QB outside of three worst QBs from the top of the 2011 draft?

He was beaten out by players that you couldn't give away to other rosters.

So who knows. I am a little perturbed that, a day after we put another defensive lineman on the IR, we sign a QB that will never see a meaningful snap in the entire season.

But, at the end of the day, I'm just a fan and I don't really know shit about anything, so I'll just sit here and drink my tea.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Claim QB Driskel from 49ers - CJD - 09-05-2016, 02:20 AM
Jeff Driskel - SHRacerX - 09-05-2016, 09:13 AM