Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the backup QB really matter?
(09-05-2016, 11:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  The odds are very slim that your house will burn down.  So why keep your insurance?

2.  Sanchez sucks.  Just because he won a playoff game seven years ago does not mean he is good.  If Sanchez was anywhere near as good as McCarron then no team would trade for McCarron.  They would just sign Sanchez.

1. As long as we have a solid backup, we'd be covered. Our policy doesn't have to be "AJ McCarron". If I can trade my home insurance policy for another solid policy and a new Dodge Challenger, I'm doing it.

2. Sanchez does not "suck". His rating over the last 2 years is 86.6 since you only count recent stuff. I'll have to remember this "the past doesn't matter" stuff for later. For a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in 25 years and has won 5 playoff games in 50 years, I'd say a QB winning 5 playoff games 6-7 years ago is pretty relevant. Not sure why we should thumb our nose at that.

Btw, if Sanchez sucks so bad, why was he signed before his release was even made public? The Cowboys were so desperate to sign him that they risked tampering charges.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does the backup QB really matter? - Shake n Blake - 09-05-2016, 12:02 PM