Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Claim QB Driskel from 49ers
(09-05-2016, 10:14 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This move seems like a real head scratcher, to me.  Unless the Bengals had eyes on drafting Driskel, and feel like SF just simply did a poor job in developing him.  

What alarms me even more that this move, is adding Chykie Brown and Trey Hopkins to the 53.  Could this be the tell-tale sign that the injuries to Dennard, Ogbuihe, and Fisher are more serious than they are letting on?

Driskel basically hit the lottery with (now) having Dalton and McCarron as role models, Zampese et al for a coaching staff, and will likely get some tutoring from someone in the Tom House group as well. No doubt in my mind that the Bengals see something in him that is worthwhile pursuing. Even with Wenning being well-versed in our system, he lost his spot to Driskel.

And speaking of being well-versed in our system, I see that as the driving factor behind bringing Brown and Hopkins back, for the time being at least. Beyond that, upgrades at those positions can't appear soon enough imho.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Claim QB Driskel from 49ers - wildcats forever - 09-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Jeff Driskel - SHRacerX - 09-05-2016, 09:13 AM