Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the backup QB really matter?
(09-05-2016, 05:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You have no way of knowing if teams haven't approached the Bengals about McCarron.  The fact that Sanchez is on his second team this offseason should tell you that he was a reluctant choice by those teams.  I'd be willing to be that the Bengals have been approached by both the Cowboys and Vikings in regard to attaining AJ McCarron, in recent weeks.

Perhaps the Broncos realize that Paxton Lynch will be starting sooner rather than later. They saved 3.5 million by cutting Sanchez and rolling with Siemian for those few games where Lynch is on the bench. The Cowboys promptly picked him up before his release was even announced, risking tampering charges in the process. I don't see how this proves Sanchez sucks...for a backup. Fwiw, Sam Bradford is on his 3rd team in a just over a year. These backup caliber/low level starting QBs tend to change teams quite a bit. It doesn't mean they suck (as backups or even short term starters). It just means that they're not viewed as a long term answer. I have a feeling that some day McCarron may be regarded similarly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does the backup QB really matter? - Shake n Blake - 09-05-2016, 07:19 PM