Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the backup QB really matter?
(09-05-2016, 07:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Perhaps the Broncos realize that Paxton Lynch will be starting sooner rather than later. They saved 3.5 million by cutting Sanchez and rolling with Siemian for those few games where Lynch is on the bench. The Cowboys promptly picked him up before his release was even announced, risking tampering charges in the process. I don't see how this proves Sanchez sucks...for a backup. Fwiw, Sam Bradford is on his 3rd team in a just over a year. These backup caliber/low level starting QBs tend to change QBs quite a bit. I have a feeling that some day McCarron may be regarded similarly.

I'm totally good with Broncos decision to roll with Siemian.  He was there all of last season, understudy to Manning and Osweiller, plus the coaching staff.  He's had his clipboard year, Northwestern guys are pretty smart to begin with.  They will be fine.  I'm sure that they only had Sanchez around as a last ditch backup plan.

I am, however, suggesting that the Cowboys and likely the Vikings placed a "friendly" feel out, phone call to the Bengals in regard to what it might take to attain AJ McCarron.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does the backup QB really matter? - SunsetBengal - 09-05-2016, 07:25 PM