Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary 'overheated' at 911 ceremony
(09-12-2016, 09:49 AM)GMDino Wrote: Normally I'd ask Matt if he knows what steps are usually taken!   Smirk

I know a little bit of the information, but not the whole picture. Plus it's really a state by state thing if one were to need replaced on a ballot at this point as each state will have different rules. Courts typically will go with leniency on deadlines in favor of having the major parties on the ticket. The respective committee would have to select someone else to be on the ballots, that would depend on the party rules. The question would, of course, be to whom would the party go?

Then you have to ask if the party wouldn't just quietly tell its electors to cast votes for someone else. I mean, the representatives to the electoral college are chosen from among the loyalist party members. So if they get word from the party to cast a vote for someone else you would think they would, because if they don't they risk an immediate end to their political ambitions within the party.

Lots of interesting things can happen here. Kind of happy I am taking a politics course this semester, makes for some very interesting discussion to be had corresponding with the texts.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary 'overheated' at 911 ceremony - Belsnickel - 09-12-2016, 10:49 AM
Hillary's health.. - SunsetBengal - 09-13-2016, 06:59 PM
RE: Hillary's health.. - Belsnickel - 09-13-2016, 07:56 PM
RE: Hillary's health.. - SunsetBengal - 09-13-2016, 08:13 PM
RE: Hillary's health.. - Millhouse - 09-13-2016, 08:24 PM
RE: Hillary's health.. - Rotobeast - 09-13-2016, 09:34 PM
RE: Hillary's health.. - SunsetBengal - 09-13-2016, 09:38 PM