Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we push to remove Hip-Hop Concerts?
(07-07-2015, 02:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure I could put a number on it; loose estimate on racisim alone: 5% Of course that varies with what the listener considers "promoting racisim". Serious question: What percentage do you say is acceptable?

Now as far as Violence, misogyny, drug use, and other illegal activities I would put the percentage much higher. Some consider 25% a modest estimate. Serious question: What percentage do you say is acceptable?

I see the direction folks are trying to steer the discussion. The purpose of the OP was to illustrate that the "symbol" is probably a whole lot less to blame that the criminal.

I do not think that everone that listens to hip-hop is racist, but I also don't think that everyone that owns a Confederate Flag or its image is racist.  

Thanks for answering honestly.

5% is unequivocally over inflated.  I can tell you that flat out. 

Understand what you're getting at here, but the problem is that the confederate flag was co-opted and became the specifc outward symbol, the logo if you will, of racists and white supremacists.  That may not be its original ethos, it may not be the intention of many who display it publicly or privately, but it was adopted by hate mongers  and came to represent that ideology to the masses.  The racists may even be the minority, but they get all the attention because they're dumb and the public likes to shine a light on and look down at ignorance.  Bottom line is you can't let dumb dumbs use your symbology and expect not to get lumped into the publics perception of others waving the same flag.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should we push to remove Hip-Hop Concerts? - Vas Deferens - 07-07-2015, 05:36 PM