Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm kind of glad the Oline got dominated.....
(09-12-2016, 12:41 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: I know it will be viewed as an excuse, but I mean, the Jets REALLY do have a tremendous front 7.  I doubt they'll get 7 sacks every game this season, but it can't be just brushed aside that they are possibly the BEST front 7 in the NFL currently in terms of strength, push, etc...  AND that crowd was jacked most of the afternoon, which I think is also valid and cannot be understated.  That said, clearly the middle of our Oline got dominated, and that seems to be a trend almost regardless of who we played last year too, so there's definitely a concern there...  The Jets front 7 ARE really good.  That crowd noise was a REAL factor for Oline communication.  These are facts.  However, the middle of the Oline needs to hold up better.  That is also a fact

We did not handle stunts well. Our rookie RT twice did not pick up stunts leading to 2 sacks, but not sure if it was all on him or on Zeitler or both. The bottom line is our OL was dominated all day by the Jets DL and regardless of how good the Jets DL is and they are great, we need to get better. We can't have our QB get sacked 7 times and hit almost 20 times in one game. Also, our offense only had the ball for 25 minutes so the T.O.P. makes it worse. On a positive note, our offense still out gained the Jets running a lot less plays. Our defense gave up less yards in spite of being on the field for 35 minutes in the extreme heat.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm kind of glad the Oline got dominated..... - Luvnit2 - 09-12-2016, 12:48 PM