Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Virginia cop fired for not killing a man with an unloaded gun
(09-16-2016, 10:05 AM)xxlt Wrote: Yes, but action (or inaction) that allows for discipline "up to and including termination" does not require termination. (Similarly, when the force continuum allows you to escalate the level of force, it does not require it.) So, termination still seems extreme.

And, as we have both noted, we don't have all the facts. And, we almost certainly never will. This highlights the absurdity of news coverage. Citizens never know what really happened, and yet they engage in analysis like this, which is kind of a waste of time when you think about it. On the other hand, we have to do something to pass the time. Still, it makes me happy I don't read the paper much or watch the news shows much. People end up getting worked up about things they don't really know much about.

All good points.  The only counter I would offer would be this; if you commit a terminatable offense during your probationary period you're pretty much 100% of the time going to be terminated.

Messages In This Thread
RE: West Virginia cop fired for not killing a man with an unloaded gun - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-16-2016, 10:41 AM