Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
82 shot, 14 fatalities, over the 4th of July weekend
(07-08-2015, 12:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The point that many gun lovers try to sweep under the rug is the large number of accidental deaths related to gun ownership.  

Guns don't really lower the crime rate but they greatly inflate the number of deaths due to accidents.  Do the chances of preventing a crime outweigh the chances of someone dying in a gun accident?

The thing with Chicago is that people see the statistics involving gun violence/death and imagine gang members terrorizing the affluent suburbs and decide the solution is to allow the suburbanites to be on equal ground automatically afforded by having guns of their own.

The fact that gang members on the south side shooting each other leads people to simply assume some nice white people in Skokie are being murdered just shows our mentality. 

Someone shot someone = I bet that guy was black and a born criminal
Someone got shot = I bet that person was a nice white guy/gal who coulda been saved by a gun

Meh, I just feel like people are whitewashing the victim stats here in order to push the "more guns equals more safety" agenda.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 82 shot, 14 fatalities, over the 4th of July weekend - Nately120 - 07-08-2015, 12:35 PM