Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Trump win re-election?
(05-17-2017, 08:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: This is like watching the debates.

One has facts and takes the time to be prepared...the other yells "Make America Great Again".

Great fun.

It is like the elections and I could post plenty links as to why the economy spiked and that it has to do exactly with the reasons I provided. When he won the GE the economy spiked because of his promises to keep jobs in America and eliminate many international trade agreements. There can be debate over whether or not it is sustainable.

But why bother; Matt provided a rudimentary bar graph and that's all some need.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-17-2017, 09:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is like the elections and I could post plenty links as to why the economy spiked and that it has to do exactly with the reasons I provided. When he won the GE the economy spiked because of his promises to keep jobs in America and eliminate many international trade agreements. There can be debate over whether or not it is sustainable.

But why bother; Matt provided a rudimentary bar graph and that's all some need.

Or Matt provided proof backed with facts and numbers and...

Mellow

oh what the hell is the difference...I'm exhausted from this crap every time a candidate you didn't support get's any criticism.

Solid post.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-17-2017, 06:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Stuff like this, is exactly why Trump would have a great chance of getting reelected.

http://www.wrko.com/blogs/bostoncom-morning-show/navy-seal-carl-higbie-gets-flipped-out-cnn-host-kate-bolduan

Eh, off-the-record sources aren't ideal, but sometimes it's the only way someone will come forward. It wasn't too long ago federal whistle blowers took advantage of anonymity and legal protections to speak out about the direction in the ME in the Obama years. If people working in the government are concerned about Trump's open appreciation for Russia and how that spills over behind closed doors, I don't see why they shouldn't have some protection against reprisal.  
I don't think the Democrats will pick a "grown up" in the sense that the article is suggesting will happen (which is their premise for his reelection). Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders won't be the nominee. Warren would be a god awful candidate. They need someone young to rise up during the 2018 mid term, in the same sense that Obama did in 2006, riding a wave of populism after 2 years of lost health care and weekly scandals from a now 74 year old man who plays golf in Florida every weekend.

then again, this was an exchange I had with a Trump supporter yesterday:

Them: He's gotta drain the swamp!
Me: Do you still think he will after he filled his cabinet with life long politicians and wall street CEOs?
Them: I am hoping he will!
2nd Trump Supporter: Who are these so called politicians?
Me: *send url link for his cabinet's website* they're all known Republicans or people involved in Wall St. This was "the swamp"
2nd TS: Yea, Wall Street people who know how to make jobs and follow a pay roll! Not like Obama and his minions!
Me: Obama has some CEO's too, though
2nd TS: Not during his first cabinet. It was just democrats and wall street people. Health care is awful now!
Me: But you just said Wall St people know how to make jobs and follow a payroll...
2nd TS: MY POINT IS HEALTH CARE IS AWFUL!
1st TS: YEA, TELL HIM. DRAIN THE SWAMP!

I wish I was exaggerating.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-17-2017, 06:24 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If Biden runs and gets the nomination, despite his age, he will win as he gets my vote. Bernie maybe, but he would have a harder time pulling in the moderate to moderate/conservative. If Dems put up Ann Warren or even Hillary again, Trump will barely win. Or if they put up a far left lib, Trump will barely win.

Then again, who knows what will happen in the next 3 years. I just hope Biden runs & gets it though. If not, I hope the Dems win back congress or part of it. Even though I used to be a Repub, I am not a fan of them right now in how they are approaching things overall from the environment (Trump mainly), health care, and even the internet.

Damn you have some power.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-17-2017, 10:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Or Matt provided proof backed with facts and numbers and...

Mellow

oh what the hell is the difference...I'm exhausted from this crap every time a candidate you didn't support get's any criticism.

Solid post.

Well Obama never got 4%, and all of a sudden we have 4% so... Mooning
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-18-2017, 10:10 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well Obama never got 4%, and all of a sudden we have they are speculating 4% so... Mooning

FTFY
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-18-2017, 10:10 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well Obama never got 4%, and all of a sudden we have 4% so... Mooning

Matt showed a downward trend since the election.  Along with Trump yet to do anything for the economy except say people will do better.

I do hope we can increase growth! An even better economy would be great!  But we'll have to wait and see.
(05-18-2017, 10:10 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well Obama never got 4%, and all of a sudden we have 4% so... Mooning

4%? It's actually closer to .4 than 4

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2017-04-28/u-s-economy-expands-at-slowest-pace-in-three-years
(05-18-2017, 10:36 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: 4%? It's actually closer to .4 than 4

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2017-04-28/u-s-economy-expands-at-slowest-pace-in-three-years

It's a little dot. Look how big the 4 is compared to that little dot. You think it's really important where in a number that little dot is?

(05-18-2017, 10:44 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It's a little dot. Look how big the 4 is compared to that little dot. You think it's really important where in a number that little dot is?

Yuge. Cool
I think one problem for the Dems, is it seems they are full force for impeachment and throwing everything they have at it. If they don't get it, then the election is years removed from this. This stuff is ancient history by then. Of course they could be assuming he'll do something else.

(05-18-2017, 12:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think one problem for the Dems, is it seems they are full force for impeachment and throwing everything they have at it.  If they don't get it, then the election is years removed from this.  This stuff is ancient history by then.  Of course they could be assuming he'll do something else.

I wonder why?

Hilarious
(05-17-2017, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You know, that is interesting, as I don't think anyone really sees Trump as a Republican in classic sense.  Historically, he's always been a Democrat, but not the variety of extreme Left that today's Democrat Party represents.  My father, lifelong Democrat, retired Union Employee, who hadn't voted since Clinton, actually voted for Trump.  He says that the Democrat party has left his "type" behind, his type being the lower to middle, middle class blue collar worker.

DING DING DING DING

You're father has it right. The Left has gone too far left and haven't been representing the base of their voting block for a while now, that is a big reason Trump won. His message resonated with both the left and right working class people. We care about the economy, jobs, being able to provide for our own. We don't care about the huhu crap coming from the White House. How do you think Bill Clinton got a second term landslide vote? People were working and making money and we don't like to shake things up when things are going good, no matter which side is in office.
I find the "too far left" narrative interesting since, economically, the neo-liberal attitudes of the Democrats have been more conservative than they were when the party was the party of the people. Obama followed the same path as Clinton in many ways on that, a friend to Wall Street.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-17-2017, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You know, that is interesting, as I don't think anyone really sees Trump as a Republican in classic sense.  Historically, he's always been a Democrat, but not the variety of extreme Left that today's Democrat Party represents.  My father, lifelong Democrat, retired Union Employee, who hadn't voted since Clinton, actually voted for Trump.  He says that the Democrat party has left his "type" behind, his type being the lower to middle, middle class blue collar worker.

Trump has changed his political party affiliation 8 times during the past 30 years. Historically, Trump doesn't stand for anything.
(05-18-2017, 07:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: DING DING DING DING

You're father has it right. The Left has gone too far left and haven't been representing the base of their voting block for a while now, that is a big reason Trump won. His message resonated with both the left and right working class people. We care about the economy, jobs, being able to provide for our own. We don't care about the huhu crap coming from the White House. How do you think Bill Clinton got a second term landslide vote? People were working and making money and we don't like to shake things up when things are going good, no matter which side is in office.

I'm not saying the democrats are much of a party at the moment, but one would think if this country was REALLY behind what Trump was selling and really sick of democrats that he wouldn't have lost the popular vote by so much, if at all.  Also, this country doesn't seem to stick with one political party for more than 8 years these days, anyways.

It's just hard to look at Trump winning the election despite losing the popular vote over a shit left-wing candidate and declare that a statement against the left has been made.  This all may be moot anyways, because I can't imagine (though it seems anything is possible now) Trump being president for 8 years even if the voters want him.  Trump could resign tomorrow or win in 2020 and neither would surprise me anymore.