Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should she be charged with?
(07-08-2015, 01:46 PM)djs7685 Wrote: It's not an accident when you hit a stationary object with a moving vehicle.

If you're operating a vehicle, pay attention. If you aren't paying attention for ANY reason, then it's 100% your fault and you should face the consequences of anything that happens as a result of your dumbass-ness.

If she wasn't reacting quick enough to stop in time, it's her fault. If you have "bad depth perception" then you shouldn't be allowed to operate a machine that weighs thousands of pounds capable of reaching high speeds.

This is pretty cut and dry. You don't hit a non-moving object if you're paying attention and are mentally capable of driving a car. Unless she hit a patch of ice in July, there's no legitimate excuse for this.

I don't know that it was a non-moving vehicle that she just came upon and ran over.  In that area at that time it's more like slow traffic that came to a stop, and he stopped quicker than she.

And personally I will maintain that driving a motorcycle involves an assumed risk higher than that of a person in a car.  An everyday ordinary occurence  can be fatal.  I think it would be cool to ride a motorcycle, but I never have because what can be an inconvenience in a car can kill you on a bike.  If a fender bender can land me in prison, then I'd just as soon ban motorcycles.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should she be charged with? - michaelsean - 07-08-2015, 01:58 PM